Friday, June 17, 2011

New Project

Has anyone heard of Paper Quilling before?
One of my friends just introduced me to it yesterday and I am in love. It starts off similar to making paper beads, with narrow, long strips of paper. You then either roll them loose or tight and let the paper expand. You can get some really cool shapes.
Last night I played around with some scrap paper and ended up making a whole pile of flower petals.
I am excited, this stuff looks really cool and I think it will really advance the paper jewelry we currently produce.
Now all I have to play around with is how to coat the finished project to make it uber durable to wear. Because this is paper, but it needs to withstand wear and tear. and unlike paper beads that are all tightly wound, these are mostly loosely round and sometimes just 1 layer of paper is holding the whole design together.
I'll post some photos or links once I get stuff up and going a little more :)

No comments:

Post a Comment